Go To Search
How Do I
Only licensed pyrotechnicans are permitted to conduct fireworks displays in NSW. The pyrotechnician must notify SafeWork NSW seven days before any fireworks, distress signal or model rocket propellant device is used.

The pyrotechnician, event organiser or property holder must also submit a completed Notification of Fireworks Display Form to Council seven days prior to the fireworks display.

Council does not have the authority to approve or refuse a licence application but may make recommendations which could lead to refusal of an application or the imposition of conditions on a licence.

A set of guidelines has been developed by SafeWork NSW and the NSW Division of Local Government to assist councils when deciding whether to object to a notification of a fireworks display.

Council will work with SafeWork NSW to ensure that fireworks displays are conducted in a safe and responsible manner that minimises harm to the community and the environment.

Enquiries & complaints
Should you wish to discuss an upcoming fireworks display, or you have a complaint regarding a fireworks display that has occurred, please contact Council.

Fireworks display search
WorkSafe NSW has a web-based Fireworks Display search for listings of notified fireworks displays and is searchable by date and by postcode.

Singleton Council
PO Box 314 Singleton NSW 2330
Ph: 02 6578 7290