Go To Search
How Do I
Modifying a development application
Modifying a Development Application or Development Consent
At any time throughout the application process, you may amend an application which is currently under assessment. Clause 55 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000. An existing application that is under assessment can be modified by written request.

Where a Development Consent has been issued, an application may be amended provided that the development remains substantially the same as the development originally approved. Section 4.55 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979.

  • (1) minor error, mis-description or mis-calculation;
  • (1A) for a modification that will result in minimal environmental impact; 
  • (2) for any other modification where the impact is not considered to be minimal; and 

Section 4.56AA(1) provides for the lodgment of a modification application to amend a consent handed down by the Land and Environment Court.

A modification application must be accompanied by a completed application form, Section 4.55 Modification Application form, amended documentation which clearly identifies the proposed changes and relevant fees in accordance with Council’s Fees and Charges. Fee quotes can be obtained by calling Customer Service on (02) 6578 7290.

Singleton Council
PO Box 314 Singleton NSW 2330
Ph: 02 6578 7290