Go To Search
How Do I
Certificate of Compliance - Water and Sewer

Council is a local water utility under the Water Management Act 2000 (NSW) and is responsible for ensuring any impacts on Council's water and sewer infrastructure are identified and either controlled or eliminated.

If a development is proposed in the Singleton local government area and the result has implications of the water and/or sewerage systems, Council's Water and Sewer Group will assess the application in accordance with the requirements of Section 305, 306 and 307 of the Water Management Act 2000 (NSW) and associated regulations.  

Council will issue a Section 306 Notification of Requirements outlining the charges and/or works that the developer must pay and/or construct for the development.  When all contributions/fees are paid and the works complete and passed by council, then the Section 307 certificate of compliance will be issued.

This is a new process currently under development by Council's Water and Sewer Group.  Information, fact sheets and advice on new requirements will be advertised across a variety of mediums and available here on our website.  So watch this page!

Section 306 Notification

The Section 306 Notification of Requirements outlines the conditions the developer must complete in order to secure a Certificate of Compliance prior to obtaining an occupation certificate or subdivision certificate as the case may be.

The notice is divided into three sections:

  1.  Application details showing the development proposal, applicant information and the location of the proposed development;
  2. The conditions imposed on the development.  This is further split into different parts (examples include but are not limited to): 
    • Prior to Demolition Works
    • Prior to the Issue of a Construction Certificate
    • Prior to Commencement of Works
    • During Construction Works
    • Prior to Issue of Occupation Certificate
    • Prior to the Granting of a Certificate of Compliance
  3. Advice to applicant and formal declaration of completion of all conditions and submission of all necessary documentation for the granting of a Certificate of Compliance.

Section 307 Certificate of Compliance
At the completion of all the conditions of the Section 306 Notification of Requirements, the applicant will lodge the completed Notice, relevant supporting documentation and an application to Council's Water and Sewer Group for a Section 307 Certificate of Compliance.  

Council's Water and Sewer Development Engineer will review the completed Section 306 Notification of Requirements and documentation.  If all the conditions are satisfied a Section 307 Certificate of Compliance will be issued with a letter confirming the development has met Council's Water and sewer Group requirements.

Singleton Council
PO Box 314 Singleton NSW 2330
Ph: 02 6578 7290