Go To Search
How Do I
Development contributions
Part 4, Division 6 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 provides for Council to levy contributions from development proposals as part of the development approval process. These contributions are to be used towards the provision of local infrastructure and facilities that are required as a consequence of development.
Most new developments are required to pay contributions to Council in accordance with Council's adopted Development Contributions Plan(s)

Developers may choose to enter into a planning agreement with Council to provide contributions or works in kind which are additional or different to that indicated in Council's Development Contributions Plan(s). This can be done through a Planning Agreement with Council.

As well as local contributions, developers may be required to pay Special Infrastructure Contributions (SICs). SICs are financial contributions made by the developer, during the development process, to help fund regional infrastructure. Such contributions are usually paid to the authority responsible for managing the infrastructure.

Singleton Council
PO Box 314 Singleton NSW 2330
Ph: 02 6578 7290