Go To Search
How Do I
Change of building use
Sometimes, when a building or site is used for a new purpose, development approval is required from Council. This is because the regulatory standards that apply to land and buildings are largely determined by use.

An increase in the use of a building or site, above that permitted by a development consent, is also likely to require further development approval from Council.

Development approval is sought by lodging a development application with Council.

The Rules for a property and development enquiry tool can be used to help identify whether approval is required for a change of use and what rules apply.

Refer to Council's Local Environmental Plan and State Environmental Planning Policy (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) 2008 for further information.

Singleton Council
PO Box 314 Singleton NSW 2330
Ph: 02 6578 7290