Go To Search
How Do I
Planning Certificates (formerly s149)
When buying a property it is important to find out about planning controls or hazards that may affect the land you are seeking to purchase.

You may obtain this information from Council by making the following enquiries:
  • Requesting a planning certificate (Section 10.7 certificate);
  • Obtaining any records of inspection of the land or any buildings on the land by Council; and
  • Obtaining a copy of any relevant plans or development consent issued by Council.

What is a s10.7 Planning Certificate?

s10.7 Planning Certificates contain information about the town planning controls relevant to specific land as well as other information, which may affect the development of the land. 

You can apply for a s10.7 Planning Certificates by registering for Council's Community Portal and completing an online certificates application. See 'How to Guide' for registering for portal and applying for certificate.

Why would I need a s10.7 Certificate?

When land is bought or sold, the Conveyancing Act 1919, requires a s10.7 Planning Certificate to be attached to the contract of sale. A s10.7 Planning Certificate can also provide existing owners with useful information about planning controls relating to their land.

Singleton Council
PO Box 314 Singleton NSW 2330
Ph: 02 6578 7290