Go To Search
How Do I
Principal Certifying Authority
What is a Principal Certifying Authority?
The role of a Principal Certifying Authority (PCA) is to undertake critical stage inspections of building work in accordance with Section 162A of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000. The PCA must be nominated prior to commencement of works, if your building works are subject to a Construction Certificate or Complying Development Certificate.

Council can fulfil the role of a PCA. To appoint Council as the PCA for your building work, please complete the Appointment of Singleton Council as a Building Certifying Authority Form and lodge it with Council.

For further information about the building approval process and choosing a PCA, please refer to the following documents from the NSW Building Professionals Board:

Singleton Council
PO Box 314 Singleton NSW 2330
Ph: 02 6578 7290