Go To Search
How Do I
Pests and weeds
In NSW, land managers are required to control declared pest species on their land in accordance with the Rural Lands Protection Act 1998. As a land manager, Council is responsible for managing pests and weeds on Council land.

Within the Singleton Local Government Area, the Hunter Local Land Services is responsible for providing advice and assistance in how to eradicate declared pest species including:

  • Wild rabbits;
  • Wild dogs;
  • Feral pigs; and
  • Various locust species (including the Australian Plague, Spur-Throated and Migratory).

Foxes and mice are classed as nuisance animals in NSW. While there is no obligation for a landholder to control these species, the Hunter Local Land Services may be of assistance and provide advice on how to manage such animals and can be contacted on 1300 795 299.

You can map sightings of pest animals at FeralScan.  FeralScan is a community website and Smartphone App that allows you to map sightings of pest animals including rabbits, wild dogs, feral cats, foxes, feral pigs, feral goats and feral fish, and record the problems they are causing in your local area.

The Upper Hunter Weeds Authority is responsible for noxious weed control within the Singleton LGA and can be contacted on 0408 683 493 or via email.

The Department of Primary Industries also provides useful information on weed management.  The information includes a complete list of declared weeds, weed definitions and FAQs, species identification information, noxious weed declaration areas (including Singleton), legislative information, community programs, downloadable fact sheets and other educational information.

A copy of Weeds of the Hunter and Central Coast is available from here.

Singleton Council
PO Box 314 Singleton NSW 2330
Ph: 02 6578 7290