Go To Search
How Do I
Garbage - red lid bin
Red lid bin
Garbage Bin - red lid bin
Urban services are collected weekly and Rural services are collected fortnightly.

JR Richards provides the waste service for Singleton Council.  The material is taken to the Singleton Waste Facility and buried in the landfill.

What can go in my garbage bin
  • soft plastics and foil packets
  • plastic bags and wrap
  • nappies and sanitary products
  • food and kitchen scraps
  • broken crockery and drinking glasses
  • damaged clothing and shoes

Quick tips
  • Leave your bin on the kerb by 5.30am on collection day
  • Place bins at least one metre apart
  • The maximum weight of your garbage bin is 80 kilograms
  • Ensure lids are fully closed
  • Do not place bins behind parked vehicles, too close to poles and fences, under overhanging trees, on street corners or at the end of cul-de-sacs
  • When disposing of nappies please scrape solids into the toilet and wrap the nappy into a ball using the plastic tabs to seal. You may also like to wrap it in a plastic bag

My bin was missed
If your garbage collection service is missed, report it to JR Richards Customer Service Centre on 1800 931 985

My bin is damaged
Please contact JR Richards Customer Service Centre on 1800 931 985 to provide details of the damage and arrange for prompt repair or replacement of the bin.

Council contractors can repair bins, lids, pins, wheels and axles if the damage has been caused through general collection operations.  Damaged bins are repaired or replaced free of charge.

My bin was stolen or needs replacing
You will need to report it to the Police Assistance Line on 131 444 and then call JR Richards Customer Service Centre on 1800 931 985 with your Police Event Number to organise a replacement bin free of charge.

Please note: If more than two bins are stolen from a property, you may be required to pay for replacement.

I've moved to a new property
The waste bin is the property of the waste contractor, is individually numbered and must remain at the property when you move.   If you are moving to another property without a garbage bin service in the Singleton Local Government Area, please download and complete the Waste Service Request Form or contact JR Richards Customer Service Centre on 1800 931 985 to arrange for a new service and bin delivery.
Be advised that the request form must be completed and signed by either the property's owner or their authorised representative. 

Once the form has been completed and signed it can be returned to Council either in person or via mail, email or fax.

Singleton Council
PO Box 314 Singleton NSW 2330
Ph: 02 6578 7290